More Paratroopers

I managed to put the finishing touches on my platoon of WWII British Paratroopers for Chain of Command.  I managed to do all of the helmeted models first, leaving those with Berets for last.  In addition, managed the first of a several planned add-ons in the form of this light mortar team from the Warlord Games command pack of Bolt Action.  


The models were done with the same approach I used for the others with the jackets:

  •     Base: AP Desert Yellow
  •     Green: GW Angel Green
  •     Brown: VJ Red Leather
  •     Wash: GW Contrast Aggros Earth
The models also received a base coat of VJ English Uniform brown with the GW Contrast Aggros Earth used to as a wash for the pants.  The leggings and kit used VJ Gray-Green as a base with GW Miltarum Green as a wash for the canvas components and VJ Miltary Green wash for weapons, ammo, grenades, etc.  The weapons are just AP Matt Black with a drop of VJ Metal Effect mixed in to give it a brushed metal sheen.  Finally, the berets are AP Dragon Red with GW BA red used for the shading.  


I now have more than enough figures to fill out the first platoon + a small command group.  I have a few personality figures to go, as well as MMG stand.  Otherwise I have managed to replicate most of my old 20mm collection now in 28mm.  
I may eventually have to get a Tetrarch as well, but only because tanks are always awesome....\



Comments

  1. This is a lot of British paras, Jake! the red berets really make them "pop."

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks. I am looking forward to getting them out on the table some day.

      Delete
  2. Replies
    1. Thanks, they are definitely a nice starting point for CoC.

      Delete
  3. Superb looking unit of Paras, Jake! Love the Airborne!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Dean! I always tend towards these types of units for skirmish games.

      Delete
  4. Quite a lot of new paras, and looking sharp they be as well!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment