Jomsvikings

I decided to pick up a selection of Griping Beast models last year to go along with my goal of converting the Viking collection to 100% metal.  I already had the Jarl Sigvaldi and his Jomsvikings pack painted, so I selected a pack of four Jomvikings to complete a 8-man stand of armored vikings.  This also gave me the motivation to re-base the old models and add some details to their paint scheme:

Before
After

The Joms viking models themselves are on the large side (very bulky) compared to the more medium sculpts from Footsore.  (The Harald Hardrada model's head is about the size of a Footsore torso). The models are well detailed and provide a unique look with a more Slavic bent to the arms and equipment.



I went with some of the more ornate decals from Little Big Men to reflect their more 'elite status'  I plan to do the same with the Verangian Guard models as well. 

Comments

  1. Replies
    1. Thanks Dean. The LBM decals really help the overall look.

      Delete
  2. Replies
    1. Thanks. This project is giving me lots of practice with adding stripes to clothes.

      Delete

Post a Comment