Switching over to the Prussian side for a bit I managed to finish off Infantry Regiment Nr 5 Braunschweig. I am also trying something different with the Grenadiers moving forward. Basically I am painting three strips mounted on a 30mm square for every Prussian regiment. This should allow me to assemble Combined grenadier battalions where appropriate.
It is also making organization and painting easier as I just have to set up 3 Popsicle sticks to paint each regiment: 2x 5 Strips of musketeers and 1x 2 Command Strips and 3 Grenadier Strips. I am travelling more for work ,so this also makes my travel kit easier to maintain. For my trip I just packed up four regiments worth of figs and 2 bottles of paint (Dk Blue and White), which worked just fine for my carry-on. I tried the same thing with the cavalry (black and white paint), it works wonderfully to burn some hotel time and get the large-scale base coating done.
I have also settled on a first battle to help direct the overall project: The Battle of Chotusitz. Not very original as many others have tackled it already, but I really enjoyed the multiple iterations of Mollwitz Jon hosted. A chance to let Frederick's Curassier's seek redemption seems a good place to start.