TYW Project - Polish Lithuanian Commonwealth

 

Part of my inspiration for this project was to also build a Polish force to face off against my Swedish army.  I opted to start this off with some light cavalry to also act as allies to the primary TYW protagonists.  This first unit is a set of Cossack spearmen from Khurasan Miniatures.  These are from the late 17th century line and scale very nicely with the Warlord and Peter Pig cavalry.  

I went with a mix of colors to give them an irregular flair.  I found the spears provided to be significantly too pliable, so I opted to replace them with some blunted stick pins.  They look good from afar, and are proving fairly resilient. 



The second completed unit for this project are a unit of Pancerni from "By Fire and Sword"  Again, these models fit in well, though the two packs of minis I purchased turned out to be from the 1st printing and an updated pack.  The originals came with metal horses, and the new figures with plastic/resin style horses.  The models themselves are fairly spindly, with some need to straighten out barrels and bows. 


I like the chaotic look of the unit with the mail armor and mix of weapons.  They will provide a nice counter point to more regal looking Winged Hussars when I finally get them completed.  



My blogging is still rather sporadic, though I am at least keeping my painting up.  I have completed the entire boxed set from Warlord as well as both TYW Commander sets.  I had fully intended to use some time during my recent work trip to post some updates only to discover all of the photos had gone missing!  Fortunately I at lease had these two units.  I will have to re-take my pictures and then carve out some time to get the updates out as well.  Thanks for looking. 

Comments

  1. They look very nice. Have you checked out Legio-Heroica, their Poles are superb

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I took your suggestion. They do look quite nice, I intend to pick up some units when the webstore reopens. Thanks

      Delete
  2. Nice work….would be interested to see your completed box that is a big task !

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Just need to pull together the pictures and make a post at this point. Give me a few days.

      Delete
  3. You continue making good progress. Like Matt, I would like to see the completed box too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Replies
    1. Thanks, I am quite happy with these castings.

      Delete

Post a Comment