TYW Project - Commanded Shotte

 

Essex Commanded Shotte with Warlord Standard Bearer


Time continues to slip away without updates, but I assure that progress continues apace.  I have completed four units of Commanded Shotte to support my fledgling cavalry wings.  The Epic Pike and Shotte boxed set comes with enough figures for two regiments, and I found enough old Essex figures from my late medieval project to flesh out two more.  I am fairly happy with the Warlord plastics in this case, though I will probably have to build future units using Peter Pig models as you only get 24 figures on 3x sprues and have to buy all that cavalry as well. 


My first unit of Warlord plastics done in Yellow and Blue for a generic Swedish group


I stayed with the Warlord bases with these, though I am still having mixed feelings about unit sizes.  Prior to this collection I had fairly well set my mind to single base units.  Now I going to these 2-6 base monsters. 
More Essex figures to supplement the Swedish force

Overall the Essex figures fit in well as long as you don't mix figures on the base  The Hats and Muskets are much thicker and stand out side by side.  I picked up a few of the Peter Pig figures and they appear to be a little better in scale.  That will have to wait for October. 


Warlord plastics painted to go with the Bavarian regiments.

I am currently finishing off my first regiment of Peter Pig cavalry and am much happier with the results.  The figures are better detailed than the Warlord Plastics and significantly less chunky.  Next up, however will be the command figures.  I finished both the Imperial and Protestant command packs as well as some Swedish figures from the "By Fire and Sword" range  from Poland.  

Comments

  1. Looks like you are getting in a real mix of manufacturers for this project.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Settling on Peter Pig as the round out at this point. The cavalry works best. I may even update if I can figure out how I managed to lose all the pics.

      Delete
  2. Great looking troops. I agree their more irregular appearance will be a nice foil for the Winged Hussars.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment