Coming in from the dark.

Imperial Leaders in progress

It's been awhile.  I have had a very interesting 18 months, and opportunities/motivation to post has been lacking.  I managed to spend the better part of 2022 out of the classroom and engaged in my other career field for a tour in Stuttgart.  It was a unique experience to have a front row seat to modern history, and an opportunity to visit some areas of interest for me.  

I took several tours of battlefields and museums of interest to my miniatures hobby to include Nordlingen and Breitenfeld.  Those visits, coupled with a visit to the Bavarian Military Museum in Ingolstadt, sparked an interest in the Thirty Years war.  I stopped by Fantasy Strongpoint in Boblingen and picked up some 28mm Curassier they had in stock to scratch the initial itch.  My painting time and facilities were very limited, so I opted to delay the project until Warlord released their new Epic Thirty Years collection.  

My first Bavarian regiment on TTS! bases

I picked up the starter box which includes 14 infantry blocks, seven cavalry units and 12 guns.  I really like the block castings for the infantry formations which gives a sense of heft and depth to the units.  The cavalry castings are individual and little rough overall.  I like the Guns as well, but the Cavalry are definitely the weak link in the collection.  

Dragoons, Curassier, and Commanded Shot. 



Light guns with the resin fortification packed with the starter pack

I have been enjoying the project so far, and will start some more in depth reviews with the following updates. This post is mostly about trying to get back into the habit of posting to my shared hobby diary again. 



Comments

  1. Great to see you back complete with inspiration and motivation for a new project. I look forward to seeing this project develop.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've got a fairly good head start into it so far. Just need to write and start taking pictures.

      Delete

Post a Comment