Chain of Command


 Last month also gave my son and I an opportunity to spend some time at home on quarantine.  After a few days plugging away in solitude on his computer, the boy finally broke down and agreed to do some miniature gaming with the old man.  

We opted to break out the 28mm World War Two minis and pit a US Infantry Platoon against some SS Panzergrenadiers.  We just did a general skirmish to try remember all of the rules. (It has been quite some time it would appear)


My GIs entered from the North side of the table and tried to set up a hasty defense around the farm house, while the assault team tried to take the manor house by advancing through the trees  



The fight bogged down quickly as the German commander executed a nearly identical plan with his base of fire element pinning down my advance while his assault team tried to sweep around my right on the other side of the table. 



At the end of the day, it was the German's that broke first allowing the allied advance to continue.  A rather fun game overall with lots of errors and half-remembered rules impacting both sides.  I hope to try again this month with some vehicles and artillery thrown in to get a more decisive outcome. 

Comments

  1. CoC. I "almost" remember that game. It has been a very long time away, indeed.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Still a fun game, I think it underscores my desire to dedicate myself to a few rule sets to make my infrequent gaming more efficient.

      Delete
  2. Good to see a live game being played 👍

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, always nice to get stuff on the table.

      Delete

Post a Comment