A few more Dark Age figures


While enthusiasm for blogging remains low, progress at the painting table continues apace.  Most of my efforts have been on completing all of the miniatures that arrived from the Battletech Kickstarter back in December.  

The biggest change for me has been playing with my new airbrush.  I splurged and picked up the mid-size Army Painter Air paint set which includes several sets of "triads" with base, mid and high tone paints.  I have found they are perfectly thinned for my airbrush straight from the bottle.  In addition, they work well for brush work as well.  Thus, I have been experimenting with them on my 28mm projects as well. 

On this update are three models from Brother Vinni's 28mm collection.  This includes a resin Viking Standard Bearer (above( to add to my Dark Age warbands.  It is a cleanly sculpted model with a pattern cast into the standard itself.  My only critique is that the pattern is only cast on one side of the flag, leaving the other side conspicuously blank. 

I also picked up "St Brendon of Clonfert" to play the part of a fervent Christian missionary (Top).  I opted for the pointing hand rather than wooden cross sculpt.  The cloak is a separate piece which allows for a very dynamic pose.


Lastly I picked up "Black Sorcerous" which is pretty much a "not Gennifer" sculpt to go along with the "totally not the Witcher" collection from Brother Vinni.  I need to get a better picture here as I tried to play around with the triad flesh tone AP provided as well as a very faint rose wash to get better facial details. 


Overall a brief update, but I am still figuring how I want to organize these infrequent updates for the future.  I am behind on doing a roll-up for 2021 and even goal setting for 2022.  Mostly my efforts are on painting lots of little projects to pair down the overall size of the lead pile.  

 

Comments

  1. Nice work. The final figure looks nice but as you say, hard to tell as the Bavarian Spring background is in focus, rather than the figure, which is a shame! I see you have a similar photo box issue to me...cat hair on the "ground" section! I try to pick it off before sessions but I don't always succeed in getting it all!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, I didn't notice the issue on that pic until it was too late. I will have to re shoot when I get a chance. That and finally get around to changing the photo box I made 11 years ago...

      Delete
  2. Good to see you still hammering away on the Lead Pile. Mine never seems to shrink especially with frequent sales from my favorites.

    Why the blogging malaise? Do you need some games to get the motivation flowing again?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Not why, brain just decided it needed a break I guess. I am looking forward to doing some gaming again. Perhaps after my current burst of work-related travel

      Delete
    2. Let me know when you are ready to hit the table. If you are interested in trying a remote game, let me know.

      Delete
  3. Blogging is a secondary (or more likely, tertiary) aspect of our hobby, I enjoy it. At the same time, Painting and Games drive Blogging, for the most part, although sometimes the need to have something to blog about does drive the others! Perhaps Quarterly updates?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is still on my mind. I find myself drafting updates in my head while painting or on my commute. It just seems to be a bit of writer's block when it comes time to type. I am trying to get more regular with updates again for no other reason than to keep the focus and motivation up to a see a few more projects through to completion

      Delete

Post a Comment