With April finally here, the first quarter of 2017 comes to a close. I opted to knock out a few old figures to finish out the period. This turned out to be two more plastic Greek Hoplites for Mason's small collection. There are still from the same Warlord Plastics boxed set, and feature some of the transfers from the box. He seems to like them, so I may be upgrading his older Greek Heroes from 2015.
I also did a couple civilian figures from Perry's Japanese Villagers pack. I tried fairly simple with the Kimono as they are ,meant to be part of the scenery.
So how is the year progressing?
Fairly good. I have completed 47 line items from my list of 167. 28mm still accounts for 80% of my production, but I have only been tackling it and 6mm so far. The goal of tackling some 6mm pieces each month as also been working well. For the existing project goals:
- 6mm Renaissance - One pike block left to go and the figures on-hand will be complete.
- 28mm Imjin War - Another unit of Spearmen and more Swordsmen are nearly complete. The next big push will be the handgunners and archers.
- 28mm Samurai - Several Units of Ashigaru are done, and I have made a serious dent in Samurai contingent.
- 28mm Renaissance - I have two units of Jinettes and some Italian swordsmen nearly completion, and enough figures to finish the last pike square.
Still awaiting the brush
- 1/6000 Naval - Complete the US Carriers and Capitol Ships
- 6mm Moderns - Complete INF BDE for PLA and cold war USSR
- 6mm Fantasy - Complete remaining figures (6 units)
- 6mm Napoleonics - Paint the %$&! Saxons.
- 10mm ACW - Complete 2 Brigades of CSA Infantry and round out my last three Brigades of US Infantry. Complete the Limbers necessary to provide status markers for 10 field pieces per side.
- 15mm Halo - Paint the rest of the box set, and enough additional figures to get the game on the table this year.
- 15mm Samurai Battles - 2 units of cavalry, 2 untis of Peasants and the Command tents
A fairly good start. Let see what I can do to derail myself in the next few months.