The battle continues. We are now half way through April, so I suppose it is time to review the first quarter and evaluate my project status.
My overall goals:
- 6mm Fantasy - Only a few minis completed. Perhaps 30-40 left to complete. I have several on the desk currently.
- 6mm Moderns - Not even touched yet.
- 6mm WWII - No progress
- 6mm Napoleonics - Those Saxons have not painted themselves.
- 6mm WOTR - Feeling a little depressed
- 6mm Terrain - This is getting ugly....
- 28mm WWII - W00t!!! I accomplished something.
- 28mm Han/Qin Chinese - They are about 50% complete as these are my current focus.
- 28mm Fantasy - Working on some old Empire figures to serve in my Italian Wars army
- 20mm WWII - Completed my US Paratrooper, Panzergrenadier, and Wehrmacht platoons.
- 10mm ACW - Primed and waiting their turn.
- 15mm Sanurai - Nope..
- 1/6000 Naval -Started to lean towards "selling" now
|Base coating on the Han infantry is now complete. The clutter is still unabated however...|
2. Eliminate the following:
- 6mm WWII - A lot of excess GHQ castings of bits and bobs to eliminate.
- 6mm Moderns - Get rid of the excess of BMP-3s, T-80s and other unpainted models that are excess to my needs. I should probably try to capitalize on the sudden interest in "Cold War Gone Hot" stemming from Team Yankee...
- 6mm SciFi- I have more than enough painted Battlemechs, the rest need to go.
- 20mm War in the Pacific -Two under-strength USMC and Japanese units need to go.
- 15mm Romans and their enemies -I am currently sprucing up the painted figs before posting them up for grabs.
- 15mm Fantasy -Elves and Orks are finally gone. Next up are the more massive Dwarf and Undead contingents.
- 15mm Early Renaissance and late Middle Ages - Lots of unpainted lead here from numerous manufacturers. I already have sufficient stocks in 28mm and 6mm, they are now redundant.
- 15mm Colonial French and British -10 years on and I still haven't gotten to these. Time to go.
- 15mm ACW - The confederate infantry and seige guns are finally away. I have a pile of artillery and gunners that desperately need sorting.
- 15mm ACW terrain - Too big for 10mm, to small for the 28mm skirmish. Time to make some room for the rest of the collection.
- 15mm Napoleonic - I have several French and British units languishing away. My 6mm collection more than fits my needs.
- 28mm Fantasy -Lots of old GW lead needs to find a new home.
- 15mm War of 1812 Americans - I have decided to sell these off as well. I have too much unpainted minifig stuff to do, and I would rather re-engage with both US and British at 10mm and paint a unified collection.
|Trying to figure out the basins for these guys now.|
I have also broken my no purchases until June rule.... It was not my fault! I didn't know the Korea trip was going to happen then! (Last minute tasking...) Can't you see? I NEEDED the figures for the Imjin war! Yeah, I know, wargamers are incorrigible. At least it sponges up enough spare funds that you can't afford any more hazardous hobbies...
What's on the desk for the near future
1. Watchful I Studios Qin Chinese - I have about 40 infantry, 9 cavalry and 3 leader stands left to complete.
2. Castinghouse Han Chinese - 9 Light Cavalry
3. Foundry Renaissance - 8 Handguns and 24 Pikes
4. 15mm Romans - Finish repairs
5. 6mm -Various casualties near completion
6. 15mm Dwarf adn Undead Fantasy -Getting the last ones done, so I can put them on the block.