Noncombatants


When setting up games, Mason always wants to add villagers and farmers to go along with the builders.  Thus I opted to add a few 28mm non-combatants to the mix.  These are Black Tree Designs' Viking Civilian packs.  I got a total of 1 young lady, three men and four children


As a counter to the more brightly colored shields of the Dark Age warriors, I wanted to keep these guys somewhat drab and subdued.


These figures come with plenty of character, I especially like the little Wooden sword carried by one of the kids.  In addition to these I also dug up a fantasy Priest from a collection of figures I picked up awhile back.


He works as a nice friendly evangelical with a little club to help him reach the more reticent potential converts...

I also have some Gaulic Civilians on back order, but they have been there for quite some time now.  I should probably do some 28mm buildings for these guys to live in....

Comments

  1. Villagers go well with sheep...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have considered that, but have not yet found an inexpensive source for 28mm livestock

      Delete
    2. Megaminis used to have some sheep; it looks like they sold them to Turnkey Miniatures:

      http://www.turnkeyminiatures.com/Animals_c_8.html

      Looks like sheep are between $1.50 for lambs, and $2.30 for rams and ewes, with a ten pack for $15.00, so they might do the job.

      Delete
  2. Very nice work, the kids are great

    Ian

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice ones, love these non combattant units!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nominated you for a Liebster award ;) http://themonkeythatwalks.blogspot.ca/2014/05/liebster-thermidor.html

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I understand and appreciate. I intend to do something about it as soon as I kick this ebola-hanta-hemoragic fever my students have inflicted on me.

      Delete
  5. You have been double Liebstered! I nominated you for a Liebster Award http://palousewargamingjournal.blogspot.com/2014/05/leibster-nomination.html.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment