Next up for the month was my 6mm Austrian Cavalry. I had enough Baccus Uhlans and Hussars left over for three additional stands each. I based all of the Uhlans on the new base size to see how they looked. I did one for each regiment which now gives me two stands for each, and probably exceeds the total I will ever use. Not that it will affect my painting/collecting habits. For the Hussars I chose the uniforms of the 5th, 8th and 9th regiments which gives me examples of the 1st-9th to choose from for games.
While looking at the massive pile of 6mm Austrians Infantry in Helmets that I have been working on(29 of 40 Regiments now complete), I decided to go ahead and try some different basing techniques. When finished these will give me 65 Basic Infantry stands which exceeds the number I will really need once I finish adding Grenzer, Landwehr and others. Looking over the rules for Command and Colors Napoleonics I thought it might be fun to have a few "Square" markers to lay out. The results are below:
Each stand has 38 figures with the commander and standard bearer in the center. They are 7 wide by 6 deep, with 5x4 on the inner row. Tried them with only a single rank square, but they didn't look dense enough. Another stand that is less Utility and more art, but I like them nonetheless.
UPDATE: In response to Jon's question. Here is how I currently base my heavy cavalry. I found keeping a tight line for the heavies and dragoons make them easier to differentiate. I even tried doing a tight checkerboard with the Dragoons to make them easier to pick out from the Curassier. Part of the challenge of dealing with the tiny scale.