TYW - Imperial Infantry

 

Completed Pike Units arrayed on the table

Half of the infantry is now based and complete.  I painted up seven of the 14 regiments for various factions for eh imperial side.  First up were three units of 'German Mercenaries'.  These were done using a mix of primary colors for pants/shirts to provide a more colorful unit.  
German Mercenaries

The next two were done as Spanish units with a mix of red and yellows to set them apart. 

Spanish Regiments

The last two units were done with blue coats and a mix of reds, yellows and green for pants to represent a pair of Bavarian regiments inspired by the collection on display in Ingolstadt.
Bavarians

Lastly the new bases arrived for the Swedish/Protestant side that are about 1cm deeper than the ones I used for these regiments.  I am basically using the larger base for the central infantry pike formation and then two of the original stands for the musketeers. The deeper base provides enough room to stand off two regiments without breaking off the pikes. 

Comparison between the new base (l) and old base (r)

I have already completed basing the Swedish Green regiment, now I just need to do the other six.  I am fairly happy with the look of the regiments, though I am considering adding some of the individual "commanded shotte" models to the musketeer stands to fill out the empty real estate in front of the leading ranks.  

Next up some of the commanded shotte models.  I am almost down with the models from the boxed set.  Then comes the supporting cavalry models from Peter Pig. 


Thanks for looking.  

Comments

  1. Jake, you are really pumping these units out at a quick clip. How many regiments come in a box and are the pikes molded to the figure or separate?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There are 14 regiments in the starter set I picked up. The unit is comprised of 7 molded strips with 10 men each. The front rank of 10 pike are individually molded

      Delete
  2. Excellent progress and the infantry look superb

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks. I hope to get the whole box set done by September 1st. That would be 4 months from start to finish

      Delete
  3. Hi Jake, good to see you're back. TYW is an interesting period! Looking forward to battle reports.

    Sorry for bugging you again. I was wondering if, by any chance, you'd be willing to share your BCT rules. They do look very intriguing. I've finished my CW brigades some time ago and am working on terrain right now. Soon ready to rumble.

    Best
    Jan

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I will have to root around for them. It's been a minute since I last used them. Also, I apparently don't blog that much anymore

      Delete

Post a Comment