...and finally they are done. This was probably the most difficult unit to paint for the entire collection so far. The absence of reference materials, combined with the Korean propensity for garishly painted shields made these a bit challenging. In the end, I opted to fo with some subtle blues and deep reads on the uniforms to off-set the mix of colors on the shields. I went with pastel tones as well as the sword and shield men I did a couple of years ago came out way too bright:
|ahhh! my eyes!!|
Anyway, that is a problem for another time. I have two more units of cavalry to go and then I will have met my annual goals for one more project.