More Hungarian Infantry


Two more regiments down, and now all my Hungarians are complete.  (at least all the models on-hand)  These groups were a nice change of pace from the parade of mostly white uniforms, but now it is back to the more traditional uniforms for awhile.  That, and I need to paint at least another 12 regiments of Prussians.

So wrapping it up I have IR 31 Haller 

IR 37  Joseph Esterhazy


Work has already begun on the next, similar grouping with the Netherlandish regiments.  For those, I am just swapping the white gaiters for black gaiters.  This already begs the question black undercoat or white?  It basically turns out that the models have a 50/50 mix of white and black at this point, so which one looks better/saves time?   I am having similar thoughts about the Curassiers. 

Comments

  1. This is an impressive force, Jake! As for undercoating, I still go black regardless so that when I miss a spot it looks like a shadow rather than a glaring white mistake.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I used to do that as well, but I have found that the minwax is pretty good about hiding those errors. For all-white units like Austrian Infantry, a white under coat really helps the facing colors stand out. That said, the Prussians all start in black as they have very little white in them overall.

      Delete
  2. I do like your Hungarian units, Jake. I use exclusively white undercoating (Primer), but I think it makes especially good sense for white coated units with bright colored facings, especially in smaller scales.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Agreed. That said, I know it is a controversial topic in our hobby.

      Delete

Post a Comment