Hussa! -ers


Progress!  Three regiments of Russian Hussars join the effort to defend Zorndorf.  These account for 3 of the 5 regiments I intend to do.   (The Horvat Hussars are still to go.)  I did all of these using two bags of Blue Moon Hussars and one command pack.  The command pack is the only cavalry pack they do with 6 figures (Trumpeter and Commander) rather than 9 figures.  It is still the same cost as the Dragoon and Curassier command packs, so the value difference versus Eureka is not as great.

Georgian Hussars
I opted to stick with my original plan of color coding my regiments using the mounts.  All of the light cavalry will be on light toned bays, red tinged mid-brown for the mediums and darker browns for the heavy cavalry.  I think it makes a nice counter-point to the more colorful uniforms for the hussars as they are the only group with different regimental uniforms.  That said, the Horvat Hussars wore the same uniform as the Moldavians, so I plan to do them with Eureka Hussar models instead.

Moldavian Hussars
I also opted to go with 5 models/stand versus 6 to make it easier to ID the light infantry versus the mediums/heavies on the table.  This means that I have another six castings left over, but they will probably find their way onto a command stand or marker of some sort in the future.
Serbian Hussars

The cavalry contingent is rapidly nearing completion.  I have two regiments of Dragoons to complete (Tobolskiy and Archangel)  and then two regiments of Dragoons to reflect the unarmored Curassier regiments.  The Dragoon mounts are done, so now I need to get to work on the riders.

Comments

  1. Lovely work. Wonderful colors and most appropriate for hussars.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Dean. They are rather fun to paint.

      Delete
  2. Your hussars look terrific! The Zorndorf project continues at a good pace.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Getting there. Let me get 4 more regiments of infantry under my belt and I will feel a little more comfortable.

      Delete
  3. Glorious looking Hussars, and continued great progress on the Zorndorf project!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you sir! Having an end-goal is definitely helping to move this along.

      Delete

Post a Comment