Adding to my Skraelings

 


Another orphan projects completed!  These are "Tribal Nation: Senaca Archers" from Warlord's Mythic America's line.  I originally picked them up to add to my small warband from Footsore Miniatures.  I actually started these two years ago by doing the skin tones using my airbrush (Army Painter Air Paint Triad).  I did all of the detail work while I was in Germany, and then finally got around to completing the basing a couple of weeks ago.  I tried to minimize any appearance of metal to keep them in line with the 10th c. Skraelings from Footsore.  I opted not to go with face paints,  but might add some in the future now that I have the other models to hand for inspiration. 

The skin tones allowed for some interesting experimentation when I picked up the Army Painter skin tone set.  I tried to use some of the inks to give them a redder tone while keeping the base of Barbarian Flesh.  Overall, I am fairly pleased with the outcome. 


 I originally started this little collection to use for games of Ghost Archipelago in lieu of fantasy Island natives.  I don't see my needing any more at this point, so I will continue to resist the urge to grab some more spear or club armed miniatures.  Thanks for looking




Comments

Post a Comment