Bandits and ne'er-do-wells

 


The last additions to my Japanese collection  from my German adventure update for my collection are some some bandits and brigands from the original Warlord Games addition.  I found these in a small game shop about 1km from the Frankfurt Hbf during an extended layover at Frankfurt Airport.  It was insanely difficult to find almost no signage and the entrance in the alleyway behind the building.  They had a display stand of various Warlord Games products including this single box of Test of Honor figures I opted to pick up.  






The Ninjas were a surprise find tucked away in an even more confusing Game store I found in downtown Munich.  I walked into the store to discover a very small shop that only carried Card games.  I walked around trying to find the venue that Google Maps was trying to direct me to.  On my second pass into the store , the shopkeeper seemed to figure out my confusion and pointed out that the shop was actually spread out over three distinct units across a small interior courtyard/carpark.  The basically dedicated one apartment to RPGs, one to CCGs and one to Wargames.  The entire shop was essentially Warhammer,Star Wars and a 28mm Polish/Central European fantasy skirmish game.    In a back corner I managed to find a single blister pack with three more Ninja's for Test of Honor.  They painted up quickly and demonstrated you could actually get some fairly decent detail from even a base black paint scheme using the slap chop/ undercoat method. 


One disappointing addition to my collection however, is the poor samurai who's hands appear to have vanished in transit.  I am fairly happy with his paint schemes but he appears to have lost his last duel rather embarrassingly.  

Comments

Post a Comment