TYW - Imperial Cavalry Reinforcements

 

Essex Cuirassier

Two more units completed in my quest to actually have enough cavalry to deploy an army!  This time I have another Cuirassier unit using my 20+ year old Essex models from an old project.  There are really only to different sculpts here, so I tried to mix things up a little bit this time by aggressively reposing their pistol arms and twisting helmets left or right.  I also found a lancer and another model with a tabard, so opted to use them to represent the command group.   

Peter Pig Heavy Cavalry

I also managed to finish another Imperial heavy cavalry unit using the same Peter Pig ECW sculpts I used for the Swedish Units last month.  There are more or less meant to replace rather than supplement the Warlord Plastic models as I am really not happy with how they turned out.  I have enough figures to do one more unit, and will need to get at least another four units to safely retire the Warlord models.  I am still interested in trying out the Steel Fist models at some point, though I am hopeful that Warlord's success at this scale may inspire some others to do the smaller scale cavalry figures in metal as well.

Comments

  1. How do the Essex cavalry match up to the Epic figure size and Peter Pig cavalry? You are really going gangbusters with this project.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They are slightly taller, probably closer to true 15mm. They are much thicker, however, so they would not mix well on the same base. I am doing my best to maintain focus on this project, the goal is to get through the cavalry backlog before I allow myself to paint any of the numerous other figures I have on backlog.

      Delete
    2. Have you looked at Freikorps 15s for cavalry? They are typically true 15mm.

      Delete
  2. Great looking cavalry, interested to see how the Essex figures mix in with the other ranges

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, I will do some side by side shots with the Peter Pig and Warlord sculpts.

      Delete
  3. Great looking heavy cavalry - the armor looks very realistic.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, slap chop seems to be the right approach to this scale.

      Delete
  4. Very nice work on these Reiter types!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment