The work zone

While taking photos of several of the completed figures I opted to snap a few of the current "work in progress figures"  I thought I might share them if for no other purpose than to motivate myself to finish them.


Most of the effort has been in completing all of the new models that came in with the Clan War era minis from the Battletech Kickstarter.  I have completed several dozen models at this point with complete companies/stars done for various factions.  Currently I am finishing up a Trinary of mechs and infantry for Clan Wolf Beta Galaxy.  This includes some older lead models that have languished in the lead pile since the 90's.  I did these figures using a mid brown tone triad with my airbrush and am fairly happy with the overall results.  I also started attaching my models to old paint bottles using two-sided tape which makes assembly line work significantly easier. 

Speaking of Kickstarters, I have also put a full courst press on finishing the Landsknecht models from a another kickstarter from back in 2017.  The two pikemen are the last models needed to complete a unit of 36 models for an Impetus Pike block, and the personality figures will be added to another command stand with the Charles V figure.  


Also from the kickstarter is a five-model unit of Gendarmes.  These were done with the airbrush using APs metallics and turned out rather sharp after a diluted black wash.  I was feeling inspired by a image I found of some Swiss heavy cavalry with halberds, so I opted for the Red and White paint scheme and plan to scrape together enough halberds to replace their lances.  


Anyway, short update. Let's see if the inspiration takes. 


Comments

  1. Your post inspires me! I am thinking I need another pike block and more Gendarmes!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It certainly takes some time to get through them. I have all the miniatures painted now, but I need to cut new bases. Then comes the assembly of the stands, addition of pikes and finally the flags. Always a journey to completion.

      Delete
  2. I'm loving seeing Landsknechts and Gendarmes on the painting table, Jake!
    I too have sufficient figures for another unit of Gendarmes and another Pike Block. There is no room in the painting queue for them before the 3rd Quarter of 2022 at th earliest, however!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Totally understand. Most of these figures have been on hand for about five years now.

      Delete
  3. Good to see your work bench in the raw 👍

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This is after tidying up. Raw does not even begin to describe it.

      Delete

Post a Comment