British Para Personalities

 


Another small batch project, this is the last two models from the "British Airborne Command and Characters" pack.  I believe the model with the umbrella is supposed to be MAJ Digby Tatham-Warter and the kilted officer.  I am guessing the kilted officer is either Captain James Ogilvie or Lieutenant "Jock" Strathern, a pair of Glider Officers that landed in Normandy in their Highland attire. 


The only picture I found for the glider officer showed a pattern on the kilt, so I opted to for the blue/green/yellow pattern shown here.  I am not sure how much use these models will actually get as the Airborne Platoon is fairly complete, but it is nice to finally have all of the leftover models from this project complete. 



Comments

  1. Nicely done your kilts are very respectable…….I don’t even know where to start with them

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, I try to stay relatively abstract in the design and lines to get the right look at the 2 to 3' distance level.

      Delete
    2. I agree, very respectable kiltwork. For me, an impressionistic approach works well.

      Delete

Post a Comment