|A little more worn around the edges|
One of the byproducts of my odd painting tangents this summer was greater experimentation with weathering effects. Between picking up the Fallout: Wasteland Warfare boxed set and my Chechnya project, I saw a need for making things look a bit more worn out. My first attempt was at making some of my 28mm Cold War era vehicles look a little more worn. I started with the BTR-60PB as it had the least amount of camouflage netting and snow effects to work around.
|Before my experiments. |
I went rather heavy on pieces like the engine exhausts along the back. More difficult to see in the pictures are the liquid rust effects I added to make it look like the streaking you get from water run-off.
|and After (Yes, I need to fix the KPV barrel now as well)|
Following the vehicle experiments it was time to start playing with terrain. I opted to use the piles of plastic wall tiles I have from the 1st edition GW Necromunda boxed set. I started with a base spray coating of 'beaten bronze' and then started building up using a selection of weathering powders and VJ rust wash. I went back over several times as I found some of the lighter powder tones tended to overwhelm the rusting pattern.