British Commandos




I've been on a World War II kick over the last couple of months, so I decided to expand my 28mm Collection to the British Army.  For skirmish gaming I tend to prefer smaller specialty units as it makes more sense to me for them to be rather isolated on the table rather than part of a much larger group.  (Thus why I tend to collect various Paratroopers for example)  It seemed natural to start off with a platoon of British Commandos.  I picked up several packs of Artizan figures from Caliver books and have taken to painting them in batches.  The first batch were "guys with helmers"  



I followed that up with "Troopers with Berets" to flesh out the first couple of squads 

Lastly I tackled the command group (PL, Radio Operator, 2" mortarman and PIAT) and a pack of "SAS" troopers in denison smocks.  The SAS were a nice addition as they gave me an opportunity to practice doing the camouflage pattern for the British Airborne platoon I am also working on. 


I am still one squad shy of completion on this crew, plus I need to get some auxiliary teams added to force.  The current pandemic has apparently disrupted the supply chain, but I have plenty of para's to hold me over until reinforcements arrive.  

Speaking of which, I am perhaps going to get on something of a normal update schedule again.  It seems working from home at a computer terminal for the last three months has sapped my reserves for any interest in blogging.  Hobby-wise, I have managed to continue painting.  The end result is a tremendous, and eclectic, backlog of figures that have yet to be posted here on my digital diary.  We will see what July brings.  

Comments

  1. Nice additions. Now that I am back in the office, still 75% of m y visits are "virtual, either telephone or Telehealth (ie, with video). Not bad, but all of us look forward to having the majority of our visits be face to face. I doubt that will be any time soon.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I understand. I found teaching physics virtually to be a soul-kill. Student's are barely/rarely engaged and even the active ones don't really want to investigate concepts very deeply. Everything ends up asynchronous, and the days flit away. Science is not a spectator sport.

      Delete
    2. "Science is not a spectator sport." Love the quote, and I very firmly believe in the importance of what you do. Understanding Science requires you to get your hands a bit "dirty" (at least figuratively), so that you understand that the scientific process is a living breathing thing, that builds on what has gone before, but is always questioning!

      Delete
  2. Great looking Brits, Jake! Maybe one day we can put these troops through the paces in a FtF game?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That would be good. My plan was to host a game of CoC if you ever make it down this way. Perhaps add in a Palouse to the Pines ride?

      Delete

Post a Comment