What lurks below


So I painted a nice rowboat and raft for Ghost Archipelago and Rangers of Shadowdeep when things took a turn for the worst...




I little bit of a diversion from my normal fare to be sure, but an entertaining project none the less.  A friend of mine plays RPGs and has a story centered around a Kraken.  I figured as long as I painted a few cultists to help the story along I should also provide the object of their devotion for the inevitable denouement.  I used the same base colors that I did with the Cultists (seemed appropriate) and played with trying to get some natural countershading. I think the lips came out with a greater contrast than I originally intended, but otherwise the model came out ok. 

The project also inspired me to finally finish the resin boats I picked up from Miniature Market last year to support my son and I's Ghost Archipelago games.  They are a bit on the large side (and a little rough from the 3D printer), but work quite well for holding 4-6 based 28mm figures. 

I picked up four so we has enough to carry both warbands as well as any interlopers in our games. 

Comments

  1. That is one rowing boat trip that ended badly...........lovely sea monster !

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks. Always fun to try something a little different.

      Delete
  2. That's a fun series of pictures and items, Jake!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great work, I really like the monster, not sure I would want to meet it though!!

    Ian

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, it is apparently the most current interpretation of a Kraken. Somewhere between the four armed beast from Clash of the Titans and the giant squid of legend.

      Delete

Post a Comment