Scandanavian Fire Support


A unit of 12 Viking-age archers to replace the old plastic ones. These are all from the Footsore miniatures range.  The miniatures are all two-part castings with a separate left hand/bow piece that attaches through a socket in the wrist. 
  I tried something a little different on these.  I started with a grey chalk primer, then lightly sprayed the tops with white primer to pre-install some shading.  I then block painted using a collection of AP colors primarily from the old Gripping Beast "Dark Age Paint Set' they did when SAGA first game out.  I then went over the colors using the GW Constrast paints as a diluted wash. GW produces a 'contrast medium' bottle which is great for this.  I can use an eye dropper to pull some out and mix with the standard Contrast paint to get a better ink consistency. 

Following that, I hit the models with a dull-coat spray and then went back to highlighting with the original block colors.  I find the the dull-coat really helps lock in the shading and prevents the ink from running/mixing with the highlights.  Not expert painting by any stretch, but they turned out quite nicely for my collection.

Comments

  1. Replies
    1. Thanks Peter. The sculpts make it easy to get fairly good results quickly.

      Delete

Post a Comment