Dismounted Dragoons


Something  a little bit different for the Zorndorf collection:  Dismounted Russian Dragoons.  According the Order of Battle for the Observation Corps on the Kronoskaf, the three Battalions of the Observation Corps Grenadiers were joined by a unidentified battalion of dismounted Dragoons.  This of course provides the opportunity for a little diversity in army, so I opted to embrace it.  Rather than have them in summer uniform, I opted to add their blue overcoats to make them a little more striking.  I used the Eureka Miniatures skirmishing Observation corps musketeers as they already have the sabers and tall boots of the Dragoons. 

For the battle itself, they will probably join a stand from the Observation Corps grenadiers to form a brigade, as that division is already quite sizable. 

Comments

  1. A grand addition to your army. Which reminds me - I should do some for mine :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks. They're not absolutely necessary, but that's not what hobbies are about. ..

      Delete
  2. Replies
    1. I figured they would be interesting and also give the observation Corps an even number of bases overall.

      Delete
  3. Those are nifty. Almost (almost ;) ) make me want to jump to 15mm for the SYW.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree, I am tempted to grow the collection beyond the Russians, but that is what the 10mm project is all about

      Delete
  4. Colorful and beautiful additions!

    ReplyDelete
  5. A nice, colorful change of pace for the Russians!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks. It is a refreshing diversion from Red and Green

      Delete

Post a Comment