I made an attempt at a Leopard skin for the Chariot cover, which is a decent work in progress, and something I will attempt to revisit in the future. I originally did the horses in white, but found the mix with the red, blue and yellow to reminiscent of a Wonderbread wrapper. I think the black looks a little more regal.
For the chariot runners, I opted to use a trumpeter from the NKE command group pack and a trio of Spearmen. Challenge #2 arose when I realized that the shields were nowhere to be found. Ah well, just another opportunity for improvement in the future.
The biggest issue appeared a couple days after basing the model
The soft metal used to cast the axle could not bear the weight of the assembled model itself. I considered drilling and pinning both wheels, but opted instead for a more field expedient solution..
Not the most elegant solution, but it works. I am shelving this model for how as it is at least table ready, although I plan to either redo it or replace it with a Warlord or 1st Corps model in the future. I think the armored horses and riders would be more befitting of a Kushite Pharaoh and his retinue.