A few more Villagers


I took some time over the weekend to add to the terrain mix a little bit.  First up, I finished the Perry Japanese Villager pack.  I opted to keep the patterns rather plain as these guys are meant to be set dressing for Samurai skirmish games.  

I also took advantage of some of the new terrain releases in support of Warlord's "Test of Honor"  in this case Sarissa Precision did a new Torii Gate, some wooden walkways and the Rice Stores.  I tried doing these with actual stain and the results are o.k.  I did a mix of light and dark stains on the walkway to show wear, and it came out rather subtle.  

I have the watermill as well, but have yet to begin assembly.  There is some other scatter terrain available, so I may need to flesh out my burgeoning little village.

Comments

  1. Wow, lovely villagers...and an impressive village!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, I am hoping to expand it to fill a 4'x4' board

      Delete
  2. Good brushwork on the villagers! The white trim on the kimomos adds a nice detail.
    Village with wooden walk-way looks great.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks, I a still a little tempted to try some patterns, but the daunting pile of Samurai seems to dissuade such notions.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Even one or two dandies placed into a batch of figures brings the whole group up.

      Delete
  4. I saw those Sarisa releases recently and immediately thought of you. They look superb with the Cherry trees; needs some Koi now! The villagers make a nice set, too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Good idea. Just need to do a resin pond. That's going in the project list!

      Delete

Post a Comment