Kingdom of Saxony Light Cavalry and Division Review

Finally!  The Hussars and Dragoons are complete.  This means that the division is finally ready to start the 1809 campaign.

First up are the Saxon Hussars.  I painted them up in their 1806 uniforms as 1) I already had some unused Hussars in Mirliton's and 2) It helps them stand out on the table.


Next I did the Prinz Johann Dragoons for the distinct look of Red and Black uniforms.

This gives me enough miniatures to set up Raszyn, so it is time to start working terrain.


Overall, the division is now complete along with a command stand I did using an Austrian General with a jacket in the colors of the Lieb-Garde Grenadiers.


Comments

  1. I dunno how you do it, Jake, but you certainly make 6mm look appealing. Impressive work.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, I think the scale really looks good for mass battles.

      Delete
  2. Very good wrap up to your Saxons. Just exactly how large has this project become?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Let's see there are about 50 regiments of Austrian Foot, light infantry, cavalry, a similar number of French units, a Bavarian Corps, the Polish Corps, Italian Corps, German States..... I guess a few hundred regiments worth?

      Delete

    2. "Exhaustive", LOL! i'd say spectacular, myself.

      Delete
    3. Thanks, and especially thank you for the excellent painting guides!

      Delete

Post a Comment