More Egyptians


The other half of my available spearmen are now complete.  I decided to do the other half with a mix of yellow and blue shields.  In retrospect, I probably should have done only two stands like this and found a third pattern for one of these stands and one of the blue/whites from the first set.  Impetus rules allow you to create large units with 2 stands each, which would make organization easier.  In the end, I will probably do 8 total stands of spears for my main line, so perhaps I will get some balance that way.


I did a mix of darker darker skin tones with these as well, although I think I need more Nubian tones to reflect the time period.  (Still more accurate than "Gods of Egypt"  Who knew Set was Scottish?)


That is all my infantry for the moment.  I plan to expand to add at least two stands of Marines, then I need to knock out some archers.

Comments

  1. Your latest Egyptians look great! The yellow/blue is a smart combination. The rate at which you are cranking these Egyptians off the painting desk is at double time. Excellent progress! Luckily, BTD is offering a 72 hour sale with 40% discount off all infantry. Back up the truck and fill it up with more figures.

    Your Egyptian Army will be finished before I begin the Assyrians in earnest. Maybe fielding chariots will slow you down?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The Chariots are definitely slowing me down, not the lease of which because they are still trickling in. I plan on having a slow burn on these guys as I do not anticipate having a game ready force for some time. Fortunately they should be fairly simple in organization. End state right now is 8 stands of spear, 6 stands of Archers (T) 4 stands of Archers (S), 2 Stands of Javelins (S), 4 CGP, 2 CGL.

      Delete
    2. You have a sizable force planned! Is this a FULL Impetvs listing and not BI2.0, right? Lots of archers. This will be a nifty collection.

      Delete
    3. I am gauging off the fact I will be facing between 4 and 7 CGP, and assuming a comparative supporting infantry. So, yes Standard Impetus.

      Delete
    4. Looking at the historical setting it seems the Kushites and Numidians both liked them some archers!

      Delete
    5. Yes, certainly lots of archers. The Assyrians are not much different although the Nubians relied on the bow more than others.

      Delete
  2. Agree with Jonathan, great mix of colors...and nice poses, effective bases...In one word, they look superb!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Phil. This is proving to be an interesting distraction from my other projects.

      Delete
  3. Very nice, Jake! The Egyptians do paint up fairly quickly!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment