More Qin light infantry


All of the light infantry are now complete.  I have done one stand of Spearmen and one with Dagger-Ax.  I used a mix of colors between regiments to lighten up the army, but stuck with the same black standard for each regiment.  


Not much to add from the previous updates.  I went with the round shields for the spearmen, to give them a lighter look than the heavy infantry.  I used a heavy infantry head for the standard bearer to help him stand out  a bit.


I left the shields off for the dagger ax soldiers to treat them more like Halberdiers.  From what I can see, there is no difference stats-wise in Impetus for the spears versus halberds for this army.  I just prefer to use the dagger-ax figures as they seem more distinctive for the army and time period.



I though I had enough for two basic Impetus armies, but I think I will need to pick up one more stand along the way to bring them up to 2/side.  I thought the infantry was complete, however I discovered I had enough heavy figure stands left to do a 4th unit, so they will be next up following the light cavalry.

Comments

  1. What will be the total between the two forces?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That question is complicated as the Impetus Force list for the period does not jive with the forces represented by the Terracotta warriors. (This may necessitate a complete entry I suppose.) Essentially I want each side to have 1 Chariot, 1-2 CM Cav, 1-3 CL Cav, 2 FM and 2 FL infantry, 3 T stands and 2 S.

      Delete
  2. Time for a group photo session with all on display. Well, that would be my wish.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Soon. I have a few more elements waiting for completion, then I shall unveil the horde in all their majesty!

      Delete

Post a Comment