RRiiico... Zouav-es'


A nice large unit of Zouaves using all three kinds (Kepi, Fez and Turban) from the GHQ line. I basically combined the three packets I had, and left out one command set.  (in addition to adding a trumpetter from the Skirmisher set.)  


I plan on kit bashing together another command stand for this group, otherwise I think I have exhausted my short term need for Zouave units.

I went with the impressionistic approach to the 5th NY for the standard.


I really need to get to the CSA troops eventually. '=

Comments

  1. Zouaves are cool and add some color, even if their fancy uniforms didn't last long! I like!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They do add some great color and are a must have. Any ACW collection must include Zouaves, Iron Brigade and Berdan Sharpshooters. I think it is somewhere Title 10 of the USC.

      Delete
    2. Yep, right there in sub pargraph C! :-)

      Delete
  2. I agree with Peter. Zouaves a re must have inclusion even if the uniforms did not last long. I have many myself!

    Your flag work is impressive. I bypassed the state flags on my 10s. Perhaps you want to tackle them?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I plan to use a lot of state flags with the CSA forces, as well as future Union units as I add some more brigades. For the first push, I focused on Federal colors for their generic application

      Delete
  3. Always nice on our tables, and yours are impressive, very impressive!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Phil, always appreciated.

      Delete

Post a Comment