Dismounted Cavalry


This constitutes another pack of dismounted union Cavalry and the horse holder and spare horses from the HQ set.  I tried using three horses on the base, but it looked a little too crowded.

The full pack (plus the extras from the last one) allowed me to add another seven stands.

 This does put me at an interesting crossroad.  This is probably more dismounted cav than I will ever need, but I need to add some more command stands and horse holders to complete some solid unit sets.

Does anyone know if another 10mm manufacturer does horse holder that would fit with GHQ?

Comments

  1. I don't know how well they'll fit in with the GHQ ones but Pendraken do some horse holders & horses. I believe Kallistra do some too but they are probably a bit too big.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I will take a look at the Pendraken. I was looking at the Crackerline series and they appear to have some mounted horse holders as well.

      Delete
  2. Very nice!

    Brother Jake, y'all gonna hafta tackle somma dem Rebs soon...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Soon. I am going to do them in reverse order to the Union. (Generals, Cavalry then Infantry)

      Delete
  3. Why does every miniature manufacturer insist on making horse holders on foot? I've never understood that. Horses were never held by men on foot

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. As I mentioned above, Cracklerline appears to do some mounted horse holders. The only question is how well they mix with GHQ

      Delete
  4. They look great...and impressive!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Nice work. The pictures made me thought that the basing would benefit from an added shrub or a tuft of grass here and there. Nothing major, just something extra to break the even flock mix.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I plan on adding a lot of that when I decide on the table layout. I am doing this much more plainly than normal for now.

      Delete
  6. Great looking troops; I have no experience in 10mm, so can't help you out on the horse-holders. That said, the one you have looks very nice with the two horses.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Dean. I am going to see about getting the mounted figures so I can fit at least three on the base.

      Delete

Post a Comment