The other half of the Old Guard is now complete. I tried a different approach to basing these that seemed to work better. Essentially I flocked the strips before I mounted them, which allowed me to stack them closer. The result is the much more dense assault column below. I want them to look at least a little intimidating.
The other problem I find with Adler is that the Bayonets and Standards are very thin, and therefore snap readily. I had barely noticed that the standard for this group was bent, when it fell off in my hand. I will need to come up with a more rigid solution when I get around to printing some tiny standards to go along with these august regiments.
I don't have any more suitable Adler sculpts to do the Young guard, so I am going to try the Baccus re-sculpts. They are going to have to get in line however, as I have a lot of 6mm figs demanding my attention.