Landsknecht Pike

The first unit of my Foundry pike is finally complete.  This really is nothing more than a vanity project as I always wanted a pike unit for my Empire army back in the day, but GW would only ever release spearmen.  I always assumed it was the packaging:  You can't put two pikes in a normal blister pack.  Fortunately, Foundry uses the same sculptors as old school GW, so these guys fit in just fine.  I selected a Blue and Yellow scheme to fit in with my Middenland army, and also have a second unit in White and Blue.  I opted to base the entire unit on a single stand, as I just prefer the way they look.  It does make for a hefty piece.  I am considering using these for a game like Impetus, so I based them on a 16cm deep stand to essentially represent the two stands of a large unit.


The standard is from the same set I updated my other Empire units from.  With the other unit completed it will give the entire force a nice unified look.

Comments

  1. Lovely pikes for the Empire. I can see their resemblance to the GW figs from the time. Best, Dean

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks. I want to expand the group, but need to find the companies that fit best as new GW does not appear to mix well with old...

      Delete
  2. "One can never have too many Landsknechts!"

    Old Glory (Italian Wars range) go pretty well with the old GDW stuff, at least the Infantry and Artillery; not so much the cavalry. Essex or Foundry would be better fits for mounted troops.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was looking at that. I think I'm going to focus on the Infantry in the near term. God help me if Baccus ever does these in 6mm...

      Delete

Post a Comment