Saker Gun


Another odd addition to the Samurai project. This time Perry Miniature's European Saker on naval carrage with Japanese crew and 2 large mantlets.  It makes for an interesting display piece and provides some necessary firepower to respond to the Korean Rocket launchers and organ guns. 

I used the same paint scheme as for the Oda ashigaru, but it is neutral enough it should work for Kato's division in the imjin war.  I added a stack of cannon balls from an unknown source to fill in some of the empty space on the stand.

I opted to just do a unit base on a large 12cmx8cm Impetus base as I saw little practical application as a potential skirmish model.

It would appear that the mantlets are at properly scaled to do their job....


Comments

  1. Nice composition on your gun base, Jake!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cool looking gun and mantlets!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Dean. I think the mantlets really help it stand out.

      Delete
  3. An unusual and beautiful artillery unit, mantlets are a nice touch...superb!

    ReplyDelete
  4. A very striking stand, between the gun, cannon balls, Japanese crew and the mantlets!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks. I think it makes an interesting showcase piece for a game. Next up I need to do a camp for both sides.

      Delete

Post a Comment