Modena Curassier and the last of the Austrian Cavalry



Rounding out the last of the Austrian Cavalry is Nr 18 Modena Curassier.  I picked this unit primarily because they are the only Austrian Curassier regiment I could find that has a uniform that was not White with red.  This actually works out well as they can easily be substituted for a Prussian unit at this scale without drawing untoward attention.  

This is the last of my Pendraken cavalry figures, and as with the Prussian Lancers and Curassiers I find them easier to work with than their Old Glory compatriots.  The single piece castings are nice, and the the cast standard is much easier to do than my painted foil flags.  


I am not quite prepared to go a group photo with all the completed Cavalry yet as I couldn't resist trying out the Austrian side for Chotusitz on the table.  Here then is that group:

Poor quality photo of the Austrian Right
Slightly better photo of the Austrian Left.
For those not quite sick of this Seven Year's Project, I have but three more regiments to finish off the Prussian Cavalry.  They are next.

Comments

  1. The Austrian setup looks terrific! Sick of watching this project grow? Never!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks. I have most of the initial set-up for Chotusitz done. I should be able to show the Prussian side shortly

      Delete
  2. Looks great. I recall some 20 plus years ago when looking at the Austrian Cuirassiers that they were almost exclusively white faced red, which gets to be a bit boring!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Agreed. Boring to paint, but looks good en mass

      Delete

Post a Comment