Preparing for winter

The las tof the Austrian Infantry nearing completion

With winter fast approaching the time for spray primer is quickly dwindling away.  With that, I have decided to try establishing the coming end of the year plan in style. 

I opted to speed up the cavalry construction process by grouping horses into like units and hitting them with the appropriate undercoat.  I then am using a split of the other colors to differentiate the command groups. 

Following that I cleaned and primered the riders.  Primarily in white as I want the facing colors to 'pop' to make the units more notable in this scale.
Finally, I mounted and primered 14 regiments worth of Prussian Infantry.  That should be more than enough 10mm SYW war.  Next up will be the planned additions to the 28mm Samurai and Korean collections as well as some Egyptian Chariots by special request. 

I have some travel coming up for the holidays, so I plan on packing along a small box of figs and only 1-2 colors to start marching the group towards completion.  Let's see how the little change-up helps get these armies to the table....

Comments

  1. Replies
    1. I think it is also helping to maintain focus on this project. I have everything laid out, and now I am organizing my paint schemes

      Delete
  2. What are you using for color plates? I like the look of them with your annotations.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I pull images off of sites like Kronoskaf and Pinterest. I find the print out works much better than relying on my tablet screen.

      Delete
  3. Yes, it's that time of year all right!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No snow yet, but I am already scraping the windshield in some mornings.

      Delete

Post a Comment