Samurai Interlude

Samurai with Yari

As work continues on the 18mm SYW project, I am continuing to finish a few odd Perry Samurai miniatures for the collection.  I have been trying to achieve more muted tones with an emphasis on Reds, yellows, blues and pinks. 

In addition, I picked up a couple packs of Perry's Samurai with Teppo, so I have some Samurai Handgunners to add to the mix for the first time.  These have become some of my favorite sculpts in the range as they are nicely detailed and proportioned.  There is plenty of character in the set as it includes some Ashigaru loading the weapons for their commanders, with one Samurai modeled reaching back to for a freshly loaded weapons.  (Still a WIP, I should have him done next month.)





Lastly I found another Sohei figure to finish.  I have to admit that this is my least favorite sculpt in the range.  For some reason he seems too large for the range and a bit too chunky.  Your mileage may vary...


Comments

  1. Nice work! What does the Samurai with a Yari in the first photo have attached to his back?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That is from the 3-Dimensional Sashimono set. It is marked as a "Food Bag"

      Delete
  2. Excellent brushwork - the muted colors look very authentic IMO.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Dean, I have been trying to better mirror your efforts.

      Delete

Post a Comment