Zorndorf 2018 -Taking Command


Some Division commanders are prepared to join the line.  First up are a pair of Eureka Russian Generals.  I plan on using this stand to represent Galytzin, the commander of the Russian 2nd line.



I have discovered that the extreme difference in sizes for the 18mm Horses done by Eureka and Blue Moon make them incompatible on the same base.  (Eureka horses are a full head taller.)  In light of that discovery, and due to an excess number of Curassier, I opted to split my earlier command stand into two and add a Curassier figure to each.  They will represent Gaugreben and Demiku the commanders of the Russian Right and Left wing cavalry respectively. 
Demiku

Gaugreben

Comments

  1. Eureka cavalry are larger than all others. Big and beautiful to my eye. They really won't mix with others. Good looking command stands.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The odd part is that the riders are the same size, so I have no problem using them as Colonels for my infantry regiments. I am finishing up some Eureka horse grenadiers and they are excellent models to paint. (And they would be done if I had remembered to get a standard bearer with my last Eureka order....)

      Delete
    2. I do the same. I use Eureka mounted officers for battalion commanders non-Eureka foot. A single, Eureka mounted figure looks good in among a battalion of Blue Moon foot sloggers.

      I am interested in a Eureka order too.

      Delete
  2. First limbers and now command stands - all the things I usually leave to last (or worse) when painting an army!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have the same problem. Thus I decided to attack them early in the project. I have a similar issue with light cavalry, so I have three regiments on the table now.

      Delete

Post a Comment