Load Sabot II - trying different basing schemes.


I decided to play around with different basing schemes for my Warbases movement stands.  This time around I glued a mixture of sand sizes to the base and then primered the entire thing using Army Painter Fur Brown.  For spraying, I found it useful to put a blank base in each slot to ensure that the paint build-up wouldn't make the holes too small.  This has the added benefit of ensuring you havn't got any basing material at the edges that would also affect the fit.

Once they were dried, I used a coat of flat dullcote spray to lock the sand in place. I then used a series of progressively lighter highlights to give some definition.

I used the flockbox to add patches of static grass, and finished with some pre-made tufts.
I really prefer the look of these, however it is an exponential increase in preparation time.  Ah well, you get what you put into it.
Previous style. 

Comments

  1. Very good looking and helpful on table bases!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks. I am hoping they work well. I really need to get the rest finished so I can try them out.

      Delete
  2. They look good. I confess to limited patience with basing... consumes time better spent painting more lead. Speaking of more lead, I trust you have taken note of the flash sale at BTD - 30% off ALL historicals, including cavalry and.... chariots!
    Ra needs a new set of wheels...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, I just saw that. Once more the augeries point to growing the Egyptian horde.

      Delete

Post a Comment