I decided to play around with different basing schemes for my Warbases movement stands. This time around I glued a mixture of sand sizes to the base and then primered the entire thing using Army Painter Fur Brown. For spraying, I found it useful to put a blank base in each slot to ensure that the paint build-up wouldn't make the holes too small. This has the added benefit of ensuring you havn't got any basing material at the edges that would also affect the fit.
Once they were dried, I used a coat of flat dullcote spray to lock the sand in place. I then used a series of progressively lighter highlights to give some definition.