Renaissance in 6mm -Tiny Halberds

Here are a couple units of Halberdiers for my burgeoning 6mm Landsknecht force.  I opted to do these guys in a mixture of blues, yellows and white to match up with their 28mm brethren in my collection.  I am not sure of their application in normal Italian wars games as most of the forces there are focused on the pike blocks.  I am waiting on the release of Commands and Colours medieval to see if I can fit them in there somewhere.

I am trying to be true to my 6mm roots this year, thus I am setting a goal of completing at least 1 6mm unit per month.  I have another four stands of Crossbow and Arquebus on the table right now, but then I need to seriously look at those Saxons.  (I of course just jinxed it.)

Comments

  1. Very colorful! Using your 6s for CCM is a great idea.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am hoping the rules will make a good adaptation for the early Renaissance.

      Delete
  2. By this era the Halberds were pretty much close support troops to the pike blocks, and can be added to them. In my rules, units with attached Halberds/2 handed Swordsmen get a chance to disorder enemy pike blocks prior to the main push of pike.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That is what I did with the first batch of halberds. I have two stands dedicated to act as (S) front rank-ers under Impetus rules. I think these will end up as auxiliaries for a game like Warmaster.

      Delete

Post a Comment