Zweihanders


Another unit of Skirmishers to join the Landsknecht project.  This time it is a unit of Dopplesoldners from Casting Room Miniatures.  These guys are the first stand of a new Square of Landsknecht I am doing using CRM minis I picked up earlier in the year.  The castings are very neat, with exaggerated ruffles on the sleeves which makes it easy to do multi-color patterns.

With all of the 6mm Landsknecht I have been doing it seemed like a nice change of pace to make some progress on the 28mm side.

Comments

  1. They are neat! A pike block is a major undertaking. I am procrastinating on starting one myself.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have been working on the next one intermittently since I picked up my first CRM order.

      Delete
  2. Lovely! Reminder to self to add at least one new unit for the Great Italian Wars myself in 2017, those Essex Gendarmes in particular!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Those Essex fix are appealing, perhaps after I get the last of my Wargames Foundry ones done....

      Delete

Post a Comment