Qin Crossbow



 The lighter troops are now making their way onto the display case.  I completed two skirmisher stands of repeating crossbows and one stand of (T) crossbow for Impetus.

These figures show the evolutionary track that Watchful I Studios appears to be following.  The Repeating crossbows are on of the most recent releases and you get five different castings, three of which are 1 piece!  They are well detailed and dynamic making them easy to paint.

I chose to go with a variety of colors to reflect a group of peasant skirmishers rather than the more organized heavy forces.  This is also the first slotta base unit that I opted to attach to the a traditional Impetus base.  (120mm by 40mm in this case).


The second unit are these lightly armored Crossbowmen.  I did them in the same pattern as my archers, but with Blue and red rather than green and blue.  These are all two piece castings, where the crossbar for the crossbow must be attached separately.  There is a structural weakness in this design where the bar attaches from below the main figure rather than above.  There is no slot on the connection, so the attachment is purely frictional.  The piece is too small to pin, so ,after popping off a few during painting, I resorted to reinforcing the connection with epoxy.



I went ahead and based the archers I did earlier, however the stand only fit 7 rather than 8 figures in the symmetrical look I was going for.  That leaves me with three spares I shall have to allocate later.


Comments

  1. The famous repeating crossbows!
    These figures look much more natural in pose and style.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like them! Did you order enough to field two Impetvs-sized forces?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Between this and some of the Castinghouse figs I got, I should have enough for two Basic Impetus armies.

      Delete

Post a Comment