Tiger Zouaves


Some Zouaves for the other side this time.  I used the Pendraken order to fill another gap in my GHQ collection:  Zouaves in straw hats.  I painted these guys up as LA Tiger Zouaves with tri-color pants to see how they would turn out.



The colors are still a little rough up close, but issues disappear at the 2-3' range of the table.  Now I just need to come up with an appropriate standard.  I've gotten so used to the metal standards on the GHQ models, that it is the paper ones that look out of place on this collection. 

Comments

  1. They look quite splendid and full of swagger. Your colours work well at that scale. I'll predict you'll have some troubles keeping them in the battle line and not charging the first foe they see. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wonderful - won't have much trouble telling these fellows apart form the rest!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. True, although I may need a couple more stands

      Delete
  3. Painting three color stripes on 10mm trousers? My hat is off to you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I made the effort, they look much better at a distance than close up.

      Delete

Post a Comment