New Grenze


When I ordered a selection of Baccus' new French Napoleonics, I also opted to get some Landwehr and Grenze to update the Austrian opposition.  These are the new update Austrian Grenze from both the basic and skirmishing packs.  I had previously been using the old Austrian Infantry in Shako sculpts for my two Grenze stands, and now have some suitable replacements.  I have based these on 55x35mm stands and I think the look really works for them.  With the two packs I have enough figures to do six total stands, which is probably more than I will really need.
New unit on the left compared to the ersatz one.



These figs are slightly less detailed than the other new casts, but only really noticeably in the heads. The addition of a rifle sling creates an easy detail to pick out and generate some character at this scale. 

next up, tackling the Vienna Volunteers....



Comments

  1. Somehow we keep adding to our armies don't we?

    Nice looking units, not sure if I will end up with any Austrians

    Ian

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. But with all those French, how can you resist?

      Delete
  2. I like the troop arrangement on the base. Gives the sense of the main body standing ready to reinforce the skirmish line if needed.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, that is what I was going for. The 55*35mm bases really work well for it

      Delete
  3. Having Grenz units is part of the fun of doing Austrians... I am up to 5 units of them myself!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My count is now @ 8, but my units are significantly shorter than yours...

      Delete

Post a Comment